1. We paid our electricity and water bills early this month, they were not due until the 25th…
2. We’ll never know if the car would have started tomorrow in order to go on our Christmas grocery shop (after we had managed to dig it out, of course).
3. I’ve just made a huge batch of mincemeat pies and popped them in the freezer.
4. Just for once, we actually have enough wood stacked in the barn to see us through the entire winter.
5. We’re awaiting a goodie parcel full of salted butter, brown sauce and British sweeties from the UK. It won’t be here until the 23rd.
6. The thought of not seeing in New Year with Jools’ Annual Hootenanny, is frightening.
7. I’ve only managed to dig over a third of the vegetable beds.
8. There are still a half ton of pumpkins and squash sitting in the kitchen awaiting consumption. If you’d seen how big our water bill was, you’d understand why it’s vital that we eat them all.
9. Hubby is due payment from a client for work completed.
10. A few days back I purchased copies of all the Two Ronnie’s Christmas shows. I’m really looking forward to having a giggle with them at Christmas, just like I did when I was growing up.
Of course, I jest. You see, I won’t be hiding myself away in a bunker or having the party of all parties to see this world off, because I don’t believe a word of it.
With that in mind, I’ll see you all on the 22nd